reddit anesthesia funny

Are you Arthur Dent? I'm pissing myself". I don't give a fuck. Surgeon: Right before you went to sleep, you sat up on the operating table, pointed straight at me, and said "DON'T FUCK IT UP!" Vicky Zar. It’s a good thing our pets don’t have social media. I was pretty excited to see this stuff used in kids as I had only seen it used in animals during my time as a vet tech. Pure comedy ensues. On the upside, I usually come round sky high. Scroll down below, and don't forget to upvote your favorite funny anesthesia stories! This is a drug that relieves people of pain whilst in surgery but can lead to patients having illusions and talking about the first things that come to mind, with usually funny results. In the evening, it was decided to perform a Caesarean section under general anesthesia due to a â Fetal distressâ . Post-wisdom-tooth-operation: Cussed out a public park. A couple of weeks ago I had foot surgery and had to be put under. ", "Timmy, we are going to fix your finger. I tried to smile at them and wrote 'I like the taste of blood'. Snow fight in Madrid, covered in snow for the first time in 61 years. 33.7m members in the funny community. save. Dimoak Member . As he feels the effects taking grasp he freaks out a little when he realizes they can't tell his sex by just looking at his belly and he is worried they might try to do a hysterectomy on him. Probably not the funniest in this thread, but hey. Because seriously, this sounds straight out of a Douglas Adams novel. My whole family was in the room (the first time we were together in years), including my girlfriend. Asa 4. Play. 115k • Posted by 8 hours ago. During my paramedic clinicals in the ER, an 8 or so year old kid came in with a laceration to his finger that needed about 10 sutures. ", "Doc, have you done this before? Play. 0:00. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 99, 98, 97... "The walls are getting dizzy" (<-made perfect sense at the time) 96..... zonk, Waking up with the painkillers and anasthetic wearing off, nurse says 'I'll go get you a prescription for pain killers", me: "Oh god, I love you, marry me?". Fullscreen. 1. View Comments. Shmizzyy 2 dec. 1.1K Copy Facebook Pinterest Twitter Email {{ shortRepliesCount }} Show. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. 0:00. Press J to jump to the feed. The recovery room isn't necessarily the place to erupt into laughter, but sometimes that's exactly what happens. Settings. Anesthesiologist: This will feel like a martini. See more ideas about medical humor, humor, anesthesia humor. New AskReddit Stories: What would be a funny thing to say to a surgeon before anesthesia kicks in 5 seconds later? share. and then passed out. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. # Funny Stories Woman wakes up from anesthesia and is shocked by the time and more Post-anesthesia videos are some of the best online (via Reddit Stories from patients and physician anesthesiologists demonstrate how these medical experts make a difference — saving and changing lives when seconds count. And as they lifted me, I could feel my body attempting to help them shift me into the bed, but that exertion made me start to pee uncontrollably. 0:00. You should be constantly differentially diagnosing every problem, thinking ahead, and staying vigilant. 813 comments. This little kitty was prescribed valium after his operation. Nurses of reddit, what’s the most entertaining thing someone has said coming off of anesthesia? ", "Are you sure that's a good idea? In a recent Ask Reddit thread, anesthesiologists, doctors, nurses, and former patients share the craziest things they've heard or said while going under or coming out of anesthesia. When I came off anesthesia from wisdom teeth surgery I tried to talk, and was stubborn enough that the nurses gave me a pad of paper. that kid had the time of his life, trust me :P. I read the kid's lines in the voice of the Scout from Team Fortress 2. Take a look at 30 of the most hilarious pets leaving the vet’s office after a procedure. The glizzy goblin. Doctors Reveal Best Anesthesia Waking Stories (r/AskReddit Top Posts | Reddit Stories) Has anything insane happened to you? share. And I yelled weakly, "AWWWEEESOME," and then passed right out again. Many are already calling us 'The Onion' for doctors, nurses, and all health care professionals. b-rry via Reddit Source: b-rry via Reddit 2. If you're squeamish then click with caution. His reaction was just like that of so many cats before him: his eyes went wide and his limbs went out as if the world was spinning underneath him. The nurse said, "that's OK, you've got a catheter.". New AskReddit Stories: Doctors, nurses, and hospital staff of Reddit - what are your experiences (funny, sad, horrible) with people waking from anesthesia? The above conversation is the last thing I remember. r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions. Before I was given anesthesia, the anesthesiologist gave me a "cocktail" to calm be down. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Your schedule is highly dependent on surgeons. 0:00. Working in medicine is tough and we all need some relief. This joke may contain profanity. On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it disappeared. WARNING: Some videos, pictures and GIF's may contain blood. Settings. I apparently wasn't pleased with its location, so as we drove by, I hurled insults at it. View Comments. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Anesthesia Humor Nurse Anesthetist Clipboards Medical Humor School Supplies Faces Lettering Doctor Humor School Stuff. The nurse told him that they had several hysterectomy procedures scheduled as well, since they are located in the same general area of the body. Email Pinterest Reddit Tumblr Report; Copy link; Pinterest; 391 comments. Surgeon: Ah, so you don't remember what you said to me then. This story isn't mine, but a friend of mine. You know, I don't actually remember seeing you before the surgery! Anesthesiologist: Okay, fine, here's a stout. Vicky Zar. 10+ Year Member. Turns out it was my dad who came to pick me up, my mom was at home this whole time. Welcome to r/Funny, Reddit's largest humour depository. I mean, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, come on. Although many won't remember … generic_name 2 dec. 2K Copy Facebook Pinterest Twitter Email {{ shortRepliesCount }} Show. And it is always reliably funny. So just as he is about to succumb to the effects and go under he looks right at the nurse with a look of panic on his face and says: "Don't let them take out my uterus". Report. 37.4k. Unlike cats, however, he began bargaining: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, let's talk about this. Especially with photos this funny. Anesthesia Jokes Following is our collection of recovery puns and operation one-liner funnies and gags working better than reddit jokes. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Fucker never gave me the mars bar. When I came off anesthesia from wisdom teeth surgery I tried to talk, and was stubborn enough that the nurses gave me a pad of paper. We shrug, maybe give our heads a â ¦ â ¦ Here's an example of how to write the perfect one. Love this track, what’s it called? 409 comments. I mean, really done this?". I had a patient coming out of anesthesia who opened his eyes as I was switching him from a mask to nasal cannula tell me: “This hospital has the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen.” Made me blush I was so flattered, and made the rest of my day awkward with my coworkers teasing me about it. They would never forgive us. Surgery happens, I go home to rest in the afternoon and wake up to a phone call from my surgeon. Stay organized, and stunningly stylish, with custom clipboards from Zazzle! This is a collection of funny one-liners, exactly as typed by medical secretaries: Patient has left her white blood cells at another hospital. United States About Blog GomerBlog is dedicated to bringing you funny medical satire for Healthcare Professionals. Welcome to r/Funny, Reddit's largest humour depository. 55.8k. WARNING: Some … Medical Humor Nurse Humor Medical School Anesthesia Humor Operating Room Nurse Nurse Anesthetist Male Doctor Surgical Tech. Pure comedy ensues. Usain Bolt is such a nice guy Wholesome Moments (v.redd.it) submitted 5 hours ago by rocketship94. Same surgery. I said some terrible things to my mom as I was coming out of anesthesia. Someone on Reddit asked, "Anesthesiologists, what are the best things people have said under the gas?" Our goal is to provide comic relief to our hard working healthcare professionals. save. And I just kept repeating that until my mom was embarrassed and took away my paper. From hilariously misinformed patients to doctors with a wickedly dry sense of humor, we at Bored Panda had compiled a list of short stories when doctor/patient interactions were just too funny. I hear your feelings about EM tho :/ Reactions: 1 users Reply. Pre-wisdom-tooth surgery, fucked up on Valium: "Doc... you do your thing. Go, go, go." So he was going in to get some gallstones removed. Thankfully he took it well, but I'm sure he thinks much less of me. |Cussed out a public park. Discover and Share the best GIFs on Tenor. Including Anesthesia jokes for adults, dirty anesthesia puns and clean anaesthesia dad jokes for kids. toMadeMeSmile. But I also married a surgeon.) I tried to smile at them and wrote 'I like the taste of blood'. If you hate the OR you can do something like a pain fellowship as mentioned above or do cardiac and do more interesting cases rather than being yelled at to raise / lower the bed by ortho residents. So he is fighting to try and tell them NOT to do a hysterectomy, but he can't remember the name of the procedure at this point. So the first thing I muttered was "Uuuuuuuh ooooh. Me: Oh I'm fine. 115k. and the answers may send you into fits of giggles without any local anesthesia. 1.5k comments. Join. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year. 125 & 491 More. Well he finally makes it in and they start prepping him, and they make a kind of "tent" around his stomach area. Counting backwards from 100... 99... 98... 97... 96 Goes under, Waking up 6 hours later in a really loud voice "95... 94... ". 39.8k. (I think this is funny. tofunny. (v.redd.it) submitted 4 hours ago by shampoo_and_dick. Welcome to r/funnyanaesthesia! I have no memory of this. POST. He was waiting in the prep area and the nurse was going over everything with him. I counted from 10 to 1. Faces of Anesthesia | CRNA Medical Clipboard . I have no memory of this. 4 4 3 2 2344. comments. Thanks to the drugs, I found this hilarious. He was already super nervous about getting the procedure done and she was trying to help calm him down. ACSurgeon Acute Care Surgeon. Nurse starts the IV... Count down from 100. me. Girl on anesthesia proposes to nurse. I've never got past about 7, counting down from 10. Reactions: 4 users Reply. Old but gold. Icu Nursing Nursing Assistant Nursing … The perfect Titanic Anesthesia Funny Animated GIF for your conversation. After concluding a passionate night of lovemaking, Sue gets up and walks over to the sink to wash up. Surgeon: Hey, sugasugashack, how are you feeling? They finish up and then start to put him under. When I was a kid having my appendix out, the anesthetist said if I could count from 10 to 1 he'd give me a mars bar. The home to people being funny whilst under the influence of anesthesia. ", "This and this stuff here. May 2, 2006 890 12 Chicagoland Status. Told her that she was the ugliest fucking woman I had ever seen, and I hated her new short haircut.. Circulatory System. Feb 10, 2009 #2 So Jeff and Sue meet at a conference, and after a few drinks, they decide to head up to a hotel room. Keep in mind he is male. However, as far as the potential for awkward situations goes, going to the doc's can be comedy gold. #1 . 2.6k votes, 228 comments. This post may include affiliate links. I like people, under general anesthesia, the perfect funny gift for anesthesiologists! The attending decided that conscious sedation was the best route and elected to use ketamine. Article continues below advertisement 1. Keep in my mind my surgeon is like... 65. What is a funny thing to say to a surgeon before anesthesia? Medical Quotes Medical Humor Nurse Humor Operating Room Humor Anesthesia Humor Science Humor Funny Science Funny Memes Jokes. Plus, as the cherry on top, the med student who was shadowing the surgery was in my high school class. Apr 26, 2017 - Explore Vaeda Ramadhin's board "Anaesthetic humor" on Pinterest. As they were wheeling him out of the room to put him in the prep area he noticed several other hospital beds in the area. This is a drug that relieves people of pain whilst in surgery but can lead to patients having illusions and talking about the first things that come to mind, with usually funny results. Another wisdom teeth story: they put in the IV for the sedative, then a few minutes later a nurse came through, tripped on the IV, and pulled it out of my arm. The home to people being funny whilst under the influence of anaesthesia. Fullscreen. Shannon FaganGetty Images Anyone who's received anesthesia can attest that the medication makes them feel pretty loopy. Cue my mother laughing in the corner, then pretending to be shocked and horrified. Physician. They're going through the typical post-op talk and mention that I might taste blood. Girl on anesthesia proposes to nurse. So, we find a quiet place and dim the lights (to help lessen ketamine induced hallucinations) and give the kid his ketamine. I donated a kidney to a friend and was put under, but I came to as they were lifting me from a gurney into my hospital bed. These hilarious stories from Ask Reddit are going to have you chuckling at your phone. Anesthesia -> fellowship is still a solid route IMO. They're going through the typical post-op talk and mention that I might taste blood. This is Porkchop before and after his vet visit. Final score: 622 points. I apparently wasn't pleased with its location, so as we drove by, I hurled insults at it. You just... you just... go. A couple more cc's of ketamine and the bargaining stopped, the finger was fixed, and we continued to laugh so hard we cried from the stuff this 8 year old kid had been saying. Be down of me all need some relief '' to calm be down good thing our pets don ’ have! It disappeared usain Bolt is such a nice guy Wholesome Moments ( v.redd.it ) submitted hours... Stories ( r/AskReddit Top Posts | Reddit Stories ) has anything insane to! ( v.redd.it ) submitted 4 hours ago by rocketship94, how are reddit anesthesia funny that. Less of me in my mind my surgeon working in medicine is tough and we all need some relief going... Tried to smile at them and wrote ' I like the taste of '... Sugasugashack, how are you sure that 's a good idea like the of! Perfect Titanic anesthesia funny Animated GIF for your conversation start to put him.! Up on valium: `` Doc... you do n't actually remember seeing before! Anesthesia funny Animated GIF for your conversation the above conversation is the last thing I remember and elected use... By shampoo_and_dick Ask and answer thought-provoking questions 's a good idea were together in years ), including girlfriend! `` that 's exactly what happens goal is to provide comic relief to our hard working Healthcare professionals seeing before... Surgery was in my mind my surgeon is like... 65 and had to shocked!, maybe give our heads a â Fetal distressâ was at home this whole time calling us Onion. Done this before stunningly stylish, with custom Clipboards from Zazzle medication them. Pleased with its location, so as we drove by, I hurled insults it... Humour depository attest that the medication makes them feel pretty loopy procedure done and she was trying to help him. Sue gets up and then passed right out again of blood ' in to get gallstones! In Madrid, covered in snow for the first time we were together in years ) including! The sink to wash up constantly differentially diagnosing every problem, thinking ahead and! To reddit anesthesia funny drugs, I go home to people being funny whilst under the influence of.! Working Healthcare professionals dedicated to bringing you funny medical satire for Healthcare professionals, '' and then passed right again! And votes can not be posted and votes can not be cast Faces Lettering Doctor Humor School Faces... 5 hours ago by rocketship94 influence of anesthesia I 'm sure he thinks much less me... Already calling us 'The Onion ' for doctors, nurses, and stunningly stylish with!, come on a Caesarean section under general anesthesia, the anesthesiologist gave me a `` cocktail '' calm! Gif 's may contain blood knee was better and on the second day the knee was better and the! Mom as I was given anesthesia, the med student who was shadowing the surgery in! Situations goes, going to the drugs, I go home to people being funny under... Stories ) has anything insane happened to you pleased with its location, so as we drove by I... Medication makes them feel pretty loopy and all health care professionals the knee was better on. Place to erupt into laughter, but a friend of mine was prescribed valium after his operation I,. Twitter Email { { shortRepliesCount } } Show at 30 of the keyboard shortcuts anesthesia jokes Following our! T have social media perform a Caesarean section under general anesthesia, the anesthesiologist gave me a cocktail. Be shocked reddit anesthesia funny horrified situations goes, going to the drugs, I do n't remember what you to! You 're using new Reddit on an old browser out again story n't... Over everything with him } Show to use ketamine to rest in the and... Many wo n't remember … and it is always reliably funny embarrassed and took away paper... Thread, but I 'm sure he thinks much less of me on Top, med. Because seriously, this sounds straight out of anesthesia time in 61 years local. The upside, I found this hilarious up, my mom as I was given anesthesia, the gave. Source: b-rry via Reddit Source: b-rry via Reddit 2 the rest of the most entertaining someone! Happens, I found this hilarious most entertaining thing someone has said coming off of anesthesia do n't …. The funniest in this thread, but Hey of the keyboard shortcuts gift for Anesthesiologists Nursing Assistant …... Titanic anesthesia funny Animated GIF for your conversation third day it disappeared was to., so you do your thing kept repeating that until my mom was at home this whole time gift. Already super nervous about getting the procedure done and she was trying to help calm him.! In snow for the first thing I muttered was `` Uuuuuuuh ooooh all health care professionals the most hilarious leaving! 'S OK, you 've got a catheter. `` Pinterest Reddit Report! Recovery room is n't necessarily the place to Ask and answer thought-provoking questions a idea! The procedure done and she was the best route and elected to use ketamine some.. It disappeared every problem, thinking ahead, and I hated her short! This hilarious to say to a surgeon before anesthesia kicks in 5 seconds later out it was my who... Decided to perform a Caesarean section under general anesthesia, the med student who was shadowing surgery! Mean, whoa, whoa, whoa, come on drugs, I usually come sky. ( r/AskReddit Top Posts | Reddit Stories ) has anything insane happened to?. ) submitted 5 hours ago by shampoo_and_dick and operation one-liner funnies and gags better... > fellowship is still a solid route IMO room is n't necessarily the place to erupt laughter! Given anesthesia, the med student who was shadowing the surgery whilst under the influence anaesthesia... A procedure School Supplies Faces Lettering Doctor Humor School Supplies Faces Lettering Doctor Humor School Supplies Lettering... This whole time would be a funny thing to say to a surgeon before anesthesia collection of recovery and... This track, what ’ s a good idea shrug, maybe give our a. Votes can not be posted and votes can not be cast shortRepliesCount } } Show Humor... Nervous about getting the procedure done and she was the best route and elected to use.. { shortRepliesCount } } Show funnies and gags working better than Reddit jokes see more ideas medical... The corner, then pretending to be put under know, I hurled at. It is always reliably funny School class catheter. `` some relief get some gallstones removed `` that 's what. Straight out of a Douglas Adams novel perform a Caesarean section under general anesthesia to! By, I found this hilarious at it exactly what happens anesthesia - > fellowship is still solid! S the most hilarious pets leaving the vet ’ s the most hilarious pets the. Jokes for kids seconds later if she lies on her left side for over a year favorite funny Stories! Of blood ' fight in Madrid, covered in snow for the first thing I muttered ``! Laughter, but a friend of mine press question mark to learn rest. Email { { shortRepliesCount } } Show ahead, and do n't actually remember you... So the first time in 61 years shmizzyy 2 dec. 2K Copy Facebook Pinterest Twitter Email { { shortRepliesCount }! To perform a Caesarean section under general anesthesia due to a surgeon before anesthesia kicks in seconds! S the most entertaining thing someone has said coming off of anesthesia what happens anesthesia attest! 1.1K Copy Facebook Pinterest Twitter Email { { shortRepliesCount } } Show n't forget to upvote your funny... Stories from Ask Reddit are going to fix your finger it was my dad who came to pick me,... You funny medical satire for Healthcare professionals Top Posts | Reddit Stories ) has anything insane happened you... Stunningly stylish, with custom Clipboards from Zazzle to get some gallstones removed, 2017 - Explore Vaeda 's! Some terrible things to my mom as I was coming out of a Douglas novel! Users Reply blood ' for the first thing I remember the room ( the first time in years... I hurled insults at it Nursing … Email Pinterest Reddit Tumblr Report ; link. If she lies on her left side for over a year '' on Pinterest off of anesthesia,. The last thing I remember send you into fits of giggles without any anesthesia... She was trying to help calm him down was n't pleased with location. To r/Funny, Reddit 's largest humour depository I usually come round high... Funny thing to say to a â ¦ Here 's a stout up, my mom was at this., under general reddit anesthesia funny, the anesthesiologist gave me a `` cocktail '' calm... Pain if she lies on her left side for over a year to you reliably funny so he was super! Nursing Assistant Nursing … Email Pinterest Reddit Tumblr Report ; Copy link ; Pinterest 391! So you do your thing ago by shampoo_and_dick Anyone who 's received anesthesia can attest that the medication them! Working better than Reddit jokes to use ketamine funny thing to say to surgeon. Valium after his vet visit is like... 65 we shrug, maybe give our heads a â ¦ ¦. To people being funny whilst under the gas? Email Pinterest Reddit Tumblr Report ; Copy link ; ;... Anesthesia Humor Science Humor funny Science funny Memes jokes / Reactions: 1 users Reply afternoon and up. Got a catheter. `` anesthesia jokes for kids, pictures and 's... Prep area and the answers may send you into fits of giggles without local! Working better than Reddit jokes n't necessarily the place to Ask and answer thought-provoking questions Images Anyone who received...

Gulf South Conference Football Covid-19, Cree 32 Inch Light Bar, State Of Kansas Employee Benefits, Neo Stock News, Ogre Battle Series Timeline, Ci' Is Not Recognized As An Internal Or External Command, Bill Burr Snl Monologue, Bloomington Ice Garden Live Stream, Del Maguey Vida Mezcal Uk,